Friday 4 November 2011

Welcome Home Lighting

We've now moved into our house and the long summer days are a distant memory.  After owning the house for 11 months it's good to be finally coming home to our new address.  One thing that makes the experience a little more pleasurable is the lighting I've rigged to welcome us home.  From the driveway I can press a key-fob button and the outside and hallway lights come on.  It's not the cleverest of ideas I'll admit.  However it is the sort of small thing that can make life generally more pleasurable.



For the moment all the house lighting is controlled using HomeEasy kit, and this is no exception.  I may continue to use the key-fob remote after I transition to my custom home automation system.  Alternatively I may go for a traditional PIR sensor approach.  Ultimately it'll probably use a combination of different inputs.  One thing is certain though - I like my welcome home lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment